Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Into You

Man! I have so many favorite bands, and among the top five is a guy named Phil Wickham. You probably haven't heard of him; he isn't that big. One of my favorite songs that he wrote is a song from his Phil Wickham album. The song is called "Fall Into You." In the first verse he says "Oh who am I that your merciful life should fall on me, the sinner of all? And I don't deserve you. And what am I that you'd offer you life, and die for me, what can I do? I'm nothing without you, my Love, my saving Love, so I fall into you." He does paint a great picture, 'Who am I that you'd offer you life and die for me?' I mean, did Jesus really have to die for us? Did God really have to send his own son to die a horrifying death just for our miserable selves? That's really where the saying "Love knows no limits" comes true in the most amazing and yet horrible act of love ever shown. Usually we look at ourselves and say, "Hey, I'm a pretty good guy, I've done more good than bad. So that makes me good." But the Bible tells us that we are wicked horrible sinners that need to be forgiven, and instead we need to say "Who am I ?," or really "What am I?"

Kyler

3 comments:

kwinn said...

Shoot! They didn't have the music for this song either. I really wish I knew a way to download them on to my music player. But oh well.

Kyler

Rachel said...

Phil Wickham is great!! I have his Cannons cd, it's really good!

Poema said...

have you heard his new album? It's called Heaven & Earthy. It's ridiculously awesome! I love it, you should really look it up.

Kyler