Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Heaven Song

You wrote a letter
And You signed Your name
I read every word of it
Page by page
You said that you'd be coming
Coming for me soon
Oh my God, I'll be ready for You

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place I belong
I can't wait to join the angels
And sing my Heaven Song

I hear your voice
And I catch my breath
"Well done my child
Enter in an rest"
As tears of joy
Roll down my cheeks
It's beautiful beyond
My wildest dreams

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place I belong
I can't wait to join the angels
And sing my Heaven Song

Phil Wickam does an amazing job on this song, and it always makes me cry when I hear this song. I can't wait to join the angels and sing my Heaven Song, which is 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty!'

Ky

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Phil Wickham is an awesome artist :) I haven't heard this song yet, though... I'll have to look it up

kwinn said...

Thanks for FINALLY commenting! Comments make me happy.
Ky

Rachel said...

Sorry... it's been kinda crazy. I have been reading your blog though!

kwinn said...

Well thanks, I guess I should be more grateful that you actually do!
Ky

Rachel said...

I know how you feel though :) When people don't comment you have no idea if anyones reading your blog or not!

kwinn said...

So true, so true...
Ky